Details for Members
Rehearsals will take place on Friday nights from 7:30-9:30pm at St Joseph’s College, Upper Redlands Rd, Reading RG1 5JT. There is a short break in the middle of the rehearsal – please bring your own refreshments if required.
Term dates and location
Below venues may change due to school events, so please check back regularly. Mel will email members if there are short notice changes.
*April 27th – big anniversary concert – save the date!*
Jan 12th – Theatre
Jan 19th – Theatre
Jan 26th – Theatre
Feb 2nd – Theatre
Feb 9th – Theatre
*Half term – no rehearsal Feb 16th*
Feb 23rd – Theatre
Mar 1st – Sectionals, Woodley
Mar 8th – Theatre
Mar 15th – College Hall
Mar 22nd – College Hall
*Easter break – no rehearsal Mar 29th, Apr 5th, Apr 12th*
Apr 13th (Saturday) – venue tbc
Apr 18th (Thursday) – venue tbc
Apr 19th – Theatre
Apr 21st (Sunday) – venue tbc
Apr 25th (Thursday) – venue tbc
Apr 26th – Theatre
Apr 27th (Saturday) – Concert Day, Reading Town Hall
May 3rd – Theatre
May 10th – Theatre
May 17th – Theatre
May 24th – Theatre
Jun 21st – Theatre
Jun 28th – Theatre
Jul 5th – End of term performance, venue tbc
Jul 12th – Social tbc
College Hall entrance
Please use the main entrance / reception door into the building, which is visible from the car park, and follow the corridor straight down until you get to the College Hall.
Prep Hall entrance
To access the Prep Hall, you will need to enter via a locked gate. When you arrive and leave, there will be someone on the gate to open it for you.
To access the Prep Hall, you need to go ahead and left down the sloping path, then enter the Prep School building, head forwards and turn right into the hall.
Autumn Term 2023:
- Verdi – La Forza Del Destino
- Charles-Auguste de Beriot – Scene de Ballet
Spring Term 2023:
- Edward Elgar – Enigma Variations
- Howard Shore, arr. John Whitney – Symphonic Suite from Lord of the Rings
Please contact Mel if you do not have any of this music.
We complete risk assessments for our rehearsals and concerts. We have now removed the requirement for members to wear a mask during rehearsals. The current mitigations still in place are:
- don’t attend if you have a positive Covid test result
- don’t attend if you have any Covid symptoms, symptoms of a respiratory infection, a temperature or generally unwell
- we keep the hall ventilated, so in cold weather please wear layers to keep warm.
Membership is £79 per term, or £74 for payment by/on the first rehearsal (or agreed date as communicated at the start of each term). Please contact Mel for the payment details.
- Saturday 27th April 2024 – 80th Anniversary Concert with Reading Symphony Orchestra, at the Concert Hall Reading